torsdag 7 januari 2021

Pandemic poetry @skylewriting: Infected – will it be me?

 



Will it be me?

Will it be someone I know?

A friend of mine is in her early forties, and got Covid. She has diabetes Type 1, but is strong and healthy. Even with that strength, she got clear symptoms, shaking off most of them in ten days, but it took almost five weeks until all symptoms were fully gone.

And for some, it can go scarily fast from infection to death. It really is an awful thing, this pandemic, surrounding us while we try our best to keep living life anyway.

I wrote this poem from the viewpoint of a patient that has a bad case of Covid, and who lies there, looking at these kind, tired faces behind the PPEs, who keep helping and helping and helping us all.


Infected


Surviving

will it be me

will I lie there

watching the gentle song of kindness

sung behind tired PPEs

will it be me

lying there

seeing eternal grief

smile through visors

at me

while the virus is stealing

my lungs?

Will it be me?

Will they keep singing

their quiet compassion choir

for me

even if

I leave?

 

                          – Daniel Skyle


Daniel Skyle

@skylewriting on Instagram

https://www.facebook.com/skylewriting

#poetry #love #poetrylovers #poetrycommunity #skylewriting #authorsofinstagram #COVID19 #NHSheroes


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar